Designing a kitchen is one thing, and redesigning it for the better is totally another level up. In Los Angeles kitchen remodeling is not new. Many people are vouching for a new makeover for their kitchens. But the saddest part if that people often end up doing very pricey mistakes while recreating their kitchen and making way to more changes that might be required soon again.
Make the process smoother and get the kitchen design of your dreams to have the best renovated kitchen ever by avoiding these mistakes many people do.
1. Don’t waste space on features and fixtures you don’t require
• Many people go for features that they probably would never use. These not only eat up excess space, but also money is wasted on these. Work on preplanning what exactly you require and think twice before going for a particular fixture.
2. Don’t miss out the “work triangle”
• Your kitchen’s busiest areas are the sink, the stove and the refrigerator. Give these enough space and convenience of usage.
3. Work on smart storage areas
• Don’t pass on seemingly small add-ons and storage features, like additional drawer dividers, or cabinet storage solutions. These storage solutions will increase your kitchen storage efficiency, and are much more costly to add on if you decide you need them down the road.
4. Kitchen aisles should be wide enough
• This is quite obvious and self-explanatory. When designing your new kitchen, make sure all aisles—such as those between islands, walls, and appliances are spacious enough to accommodate all.
5. Make it functional, more importantly than making it look beautiful
• Your kitchen must look beautiful to let you be creative there. But then, more importantly it has to be functional enough. When planning the space, consider the size and direction of doors, appliances, and cabinets. Fridges often need wide clearance, as do ovens.
6. Don’t bring in more changes once the remodeling is over
• Plan, research and get everything done straight in a row before you start working for the remodeling. Once done, or even midway, making changes might be costly and delayed along with several other problems.
7. Not giving enough counter space
• Counter space is one of the most important spaces in your kitchen and it shouldn’t be settled for less! Extend your counter work space by using decorative corbels, or shelving supports, to create added room for your countertop.
8. DYI is not suggested
• Don’t try to cover everything by yourself. Always look for a professional help as he would be able to help to fine-tune your remodel plan, offer tips and advice, and maybe even recommend some ideas you hadn’t already considered.
9. Don’t forget the other spaces
• People often tend to forget the other related spaces to cover or protect from the construction work, kitchen materials, paint drippings, or remodeling debris.
10. Keep your budget in mind
• This is one of the most crucial parts of your remodeling project. Decide what features of your kitchen are the most important, and allocate your finances accordingly. Keep in mind that kitchen cabinets usually take up about one-third of the typical remodel budget.
Kitchen remodeling in Los Angeles is hectic and pricey. Plan it with enough patience and preplanning to avoid being ending up in a awful stage afterwards. The abovementioned points can be helpful while going for a kitchen makeover.